Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Point of View

First Person
He-god-Has Favored Our Undertakings by Ceremony
The first three lines in the first stanza begin with "I" and the fourth line contains the word "me" so it is written in first person.



Second Person
Hawt Lixx by Daggermouth
"You better watch your back
It's not that easy yeah
It's hard to smile with no front teeth
Your cowardice we all see"
The Chorus is written in second person because of the use of the word "you."



Stream of Consciousness
Stay Cold by Trapped Under Ice
"Lost concepts of reality
Make loose the screws that secure my sanity
I take a look at my life what it’s all about
The answers bring me pain and I want out
I pulled you close because the world failed us both
Always knowing nothing could stay gold
The navigator of pain points my way once more
I will always stay cold
You can’t hurt me anymore
I stay cold forevermore
So alone
But you can’t hurt me anymore"
It's an example of stream of consciousness because its just what the narrator is thinking. It's portraying his feelings and thoughts.



Epistolary
Dear Jamie... Sincerely Me by Hellogoodbye
The whole song is written in the form of a letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment